Translate this page

10/31/2016

Part 3 | Unexpected

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

INTRODUCTION

Hello! Thank you to anyone who is still reading this. Not many people look at this blog, but it's still fun for me to keep track of my gameplay on this. Anyway, I was thinking that to add a bit of interest to my current game, I'll get Theresa and Bao to try for another baby. Not just one though. I'll do everything I can to increase their chances of having twins/triplets. 

There are a few reasons I want them to have lots of kids for. Firstly, it will give Lyle some siblings to play with on this lonely island. Secondly, it will just be fun to see how they all turn out. Lastly, it will mean that I will have multiple people to choose from to continue the family (I'll only choose one though, since I don't want this house to be extremely crowded). I might make it so that whichever sibling gets the best randomised traits can continue the family, or something like that. Let's start day one!

WEEK 3, DAY 1

Today we'll have Theresa and Bao try for some babies. We'll also get Lyle to finish off learning all the stuff he has to learn before he ages up. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

I changed the fencing of this balcony, because I'm fussy like that.


It's like an art gallery where all the works are made by 4 year olds.



Quick, try for a baby while the kid's still asleep!



Alright, Theresa's pregnant! They can just get some rest now.



Theresa just let Lyle out so that he can play for a bit.




Today I might actually work on Theresa's cooking skill, since Bao is completely hopeless at cooking and Theresa's already level 2.



Lyle has learned everything there is to know about the xylophone now, so I don't really know what we're going to do with him now.



He has some new stuff to play with now and I moved his old toys into the family inventory. I also moved the potty up here to prevent any accidents.



Yup, I'm glad that I did that.




Theresa's making some progress and is now at level 3 in her cooking.



I got Theresa a baking station so that she can make some nice food.



Well, well, well. Look who's back! What shall we do with him?


I force killed him by turning him into a 'human statue' and apparently after that he was sent to the 'mausoleum' (because we have so many mausoleums on this deserted island). Basically while I was expecting some epic death, he just disappeared. Oh well. Good riddance.



I had her make some dinner rolls which turned out very nicely.



Bao is finally up and eating all the food.



Laptop girl just doesn't know when to quit.



We're a little tight on money at the moment so I'll get Bao to really work hard at some fishing and artwork.



Thanks for the live performance laptop girl...



You know what that means...



Theresa's in too much of a bad mood to cook anymore, so I'll get her some boring salad and she can call it a day.


Just like his mother.


They'll never find me in this huge, colourful box!


I had Bao put Lyle and himself to sleep.


That concludes today then. Bao caught us some fish (and made us some money) and Theresa worked on her cooking. I'm guessing that Theresa will find out she's pregnant tomorrow, so that'll be some excitement. 

WEEK 3, DAY 2

So, today is probably going to be filled with a lot of kids music and TV. Both those things will increase Theresa's chances of having twins/triplets so she's pretty much going to be doing that for the next 3 days. Bao will work on some paintings and sell a few. 

Look at that sky!



And look at that sick sim...



She found out that she's pregnant!



Ohhh boy... This is what we have to look forward to for the next 3 days.


Bao is starting another painting (let's be real, it's probably going to be another weird one). I hope he isn't put off by all the scary kids music in the background.


Is this what the kids are watching nowadays?


Lyle being completely neglected.


I just realised that this is the Midnight Hollow carpet that you use to sell stuff on... 



I actually liked that other rug but oh well.


Well Lyle likes all this kids stuff at least.



Bao got to level six and he is continuing this mysterious red painting.



We made almost 300 simoleons from this so I'm pretty happy with that.


She's watching this so intently...


...


Theresa's had enough for today so I'll have her head to bed.



Bao and Lyle are done for today but Theresa's already up...


That puts an end to today then. Hopefully all of the terrible kids music and television is increasing Theresa's chances of twins/triplets, but we'll see. I'll be pretty pissed if she doesn't have twins or triplets though. Bao sold a painting of his for a good price today so he'll probably do that tomorrow as well.

WEEK 3, DAY 3

Another day. Time for more endless kids music and strange artwork that Bao somehow sells for hundreds of simoleons. Let's see how this goes.

A whole apple pie should be about enough breakfast for this hungry pregnant woman. 



Mmm...



That's pretty much her entire day summed up.



Bao's taking care of Lyle and then he'll be off to do some more painting.




A nice painting! It's worth over 300 simoleons so I'll be selling it.



He also painted a very messed up picture of the house. It's not worth much so I'll just put it up somewhere in the house.




Well then! Let's just hope that someone doesn't get electrocuted fixing this thing.




Bao ended up fixing it. Lyle's crying so we'll take care of him.



Theresa's just been sleeping.




This other paparazzi has taken up performing as well.




That was it for today. Bao got Lyle to sleep eventually and he got to bed too. I suppose that the kid/s will be born tomorrow so we'll see if all of that TV and music paid off!

WEEK 3, DAY 4

The time has come! The baby/babies are due today so let's see how everything goes. That'll be about it for today besides some more painting from Bao.

It's 4:00 am and Theresa's already in labour!



Don't worry Theresa, you can have another pie after this. 



I don't know what's hurting her more. The lack of pie or being in labour?



Real supportive Bao, real supportive.



We got a girl! I named her Isla. 'Cause you know... Isla... Island. No? Ok... Anyways, she was born with the Loves the Outdoors trait and I randomised the second and got the Good trait.



And another girl! I called her Marina. It means 'from the sea'. She was born with the Genius trait and I randomised her other trait for the Loves the Outdoors trait. I've actually been super lucky with these traits. We didn't get triplets, but we got twins which I think is awesome (triplets would've been really hard to 

take care of anyway). 


And of course she puts her newborn on the ground.



Marina and Isla in their new room. I just made them a nursery on the third floor since it was empty.



Some things never change.



Also, yes. Bao and Lyle slept through all of that.



And finally Theresa can just eat her pie in piece... Ha... ha... haaa...



Anyway, I gave Theresa a random makeover just because I was getting sick of her outfits.



Cupcakes!



She also made a chocolate pie.



Double the babies, double the crying.



Bao finished painting yet another blurry mess. He's now level 7 in painting.



We have three kids to look after now... Oh no... I'm glad that I'm not doing the 100 baby challenge or anything like that because I don't think I could handle that much screaming.



A new visitor I see... Let's hope for her sake that things don't turn out for her like they did for rainbow umbrella boy.



And now this paparazzi is a magician I guess.



The girls are feeling better now that Theresa's taken care of them.



I think this one is going to be exactly like rainbow umbrella boy.



Since rainbow umbrella boy's death was so anticlimactic, this time around we won't kill this one off. We'll just make her interesting to look at.


All this sim food is making me hungry.



Theresa's going to sleep before I get even hungrier.


I'm sorry, I had to kill her. She was making so much noise outside the house. 



Bao taking care of the girls.



Oh my lord, these visitors just never stop coming! I'll just have to keep deleting them or ignoring them, which is kind of hard to do when they're just standing there yelling outside the house all day.



Anyway, Bao just put the kids to sleep and got some sleep himself.



So it was a pretty big day. We now have 2 baby girls and a toddler. I think I probably left it a bit too late to have more kids because by the time the girls are children, Lyle will probably be a teen. Hopefully they can still be close though. Anyway, that's puts a close to day 4.

WEEK 3, DAY 5

Today it's Love Day, and Lyle is going to age up into a child! He's probably going to help out around here with the household funds by painting like his dad. However, I would like to put up a lot of his artwork around the house too. That'll make things more homely. Anyway, I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here. Let's start day 5.

Theresa's making Lyle a birthday cake with her new baking skills. Bao's about finished up with his breakfast so he can go do some sketching.


Theresa's level 5 in cooking but couldn't manage one birthday cake... Oh well, bought one it is.


And we're completely neglecting the babies, because who cares about newborns anyway?


Bao's newest sketch. As usual... what the hell?



Lyle's ageing up! 
I randomised his trait and he got Rebellious. 

That face you make when you magically age up.


Here's Lyle's new room. We're still on a pretty tight budget, so it isn't anything that great looking.



'Kay then Bao.


He takes after his father, he pisses himself a lot.



I gave him new hair and clothes. He's giving me the death stare right now.


Theresa was taking care of the girls for a bit.




She's going to devour this chocolate pie and then hit the hay.



Lyle is starting his first ever painting of many!



Bao just finished this ninja painting which I'll go put in Lyle's new room.



Yup, much cooler than that crappy alien painting Bao made before (which I sold by the way).




Bao is taking care of the girls and then he can go get some sleep.



Well Theresa's sleep schedule got messed up again at some point. She's waking up ready to start the day at 12:00 am now. Oh well, I give up on 'normal' sleep schedules.



Anyway, Lyle needs some rest. He's gotten to level 2 in painting already.



That's it for today. Tomorrow I'll attempt to get Theresa higher in her diving skill. I kind of doubt that she's ever going to complete her lifetime wish at this point, since she's just been so distracted with other stuff. While I'm sure we can get her to level 10 in diving, I just don't think that there's 40,000 simoleons to be made around here from diving collectables. But it's worth a try I guess.

WEEK 3, DAY 6

Today we're really just working on skills and taking care of the twins. It'll just be another chill kind of a day.

Nooo, it's too early in the virtual morning to be being screamed at by these virtual children. So much for Bao getting some sleep.


Theresa's been diving for a little while so she needs some time to depressurise. 


Why not go windsurfing for a while then?


Bye bye house...



Hello random boat floating in the sea.



And we have reached the end of this tiny sim world.



Okay, now you're just wasting time Theresa.



Finally some snorkelling!



Well I'm damn glad that she picked those flowers now, because apparently they are worth 600 freaking simoleons. And you bet I sold them!




Starting the day with a nice healthy breakfast.



Lyle's first painting is complete!



He's really just going to be painting all day. I'll show you what he ends up making later.




Take a wild guess as to who could be responsible for this pee puddle.



The babies are asleep so they won't be too troublesome for now.




I'm taking advantage of Bao's handiness and upgrading some things in the bathroom to self-cleaning.




Also, from now on I'll mostly just be ignoring the weird creatures that spawn on this island, since I just think they're getting kind of boring now.



He's upgraded the shower, so we won't have to worry about cleaning that old thing anymore.




Same for the toilet. And also, speaking of showers, Bao really needs one.



Theresa's heading back to the houseboat since she's been at this all day long. She found a nice amount of collectables and is level 6 in scuba diving now.



Bao's going to sleep since he's been taking care of the twins and upgrading stuff all day long.



Lyle wants to become a 'Master of the Arts' which is a lifetime wish that involves mastering both painting and the guitar skill. It's his lifetime wish now, and I definitely think that he's up for the challenge. Today he got to level 4 in painting which means that he's well on his way to completing his wish.



He also painted this for his sisters' room.




I know I said I wouldn't focus on what was going on on the island anymore, but I never said that I wouldn't focus on what's happening in the ocean. These two are literally walking on water!




OH MY GOD! THERESA'S FREAKING DEAD!!!




Okay, let me explain. Theresa was tired and hungry, so I cancelled her swimming/snorkelling and all that so that she could swim back to shore. Well, she didn't listen to me at all and just kept going for hours until she was close to freaking drowning. Even when I was finally able to get her back to the houseboat, that stupid glitch came back (the one that makes her swim through the floor), and that was when she died from drowning. That glitch was annoying, but I didn't think it'd be the death of her!!! This death was completely unintentional and I'm actually kind of sad about it. 




I never knew that a sims game could get this dark.




So yeah, this death has pretty much bummed out everyone in the household (and understandably). Bao is heartbroken and Lyle is mourning (and the babies are apparently heartless, they don't give a crap). I would have them make ambrosia to resurrect her but I doubt that we'll be able to with our limited resources on this island. So yeah, RIP Theresa 2016. 



I placed her gravestone by the tea set that she liked here on the balcony. I engraved it with: "Here lies Theresa Collins. Glitches f***ing suck." 



I don't know who the heck this lady is or how she got into our house, but she needs to leave. We're going through some tough times right now.



They're going to eat some of Theresa's delicious pie in memory of her. And this stupid lady is ruining the moment here, rummaging through our fridge like she owns the place.



I think she's a babysitter (although I never saw the option to hire a baby sitter come up), since all the adults went off the lot. I just deleted her.



Lyle's going to sleep. It's been a crappy day for all of them, and everyone's pretty tired.




I feel really bad for Bao, since now he'll have to raise the kids all alone. The girls probably won't even remember their mother.



Time for Bao to get some rest. He'll be needing it.




So, this was completely unexpected! That's the last time I get any of my sims to go diving on this island! Anyway, Bao is going to be a single dad now. I guess that's just the way that things have turned out. See you in day 7.

WEEK 3, DAY 7

So today will be their first day without Theresa. This all must be pretty hard on Bao and Lyle, so they're just going to spend today getting used to all of this. 

Things just aren't the same without Theresa here.



I didn't even notice with all the commotion yesterday but Isla and Marina are ageing up today! That might be a bit of fun to distract them all from all of the sad stuff. 


Bao and Lyle are still pretty tired from yesterday but I'll have them get up quickly to age the girls up. After that they can go back to sleep. We're ageing up Isla first.



So much for a fun birthday party... Poor Bao.


Lyle's enjoying himself at least.



Here's Isla. I'll change her hair and clothes in a moment.




First though, time for Marina to age up!




And here she is! She's the only one of the kids that got Theresa's eyes.



Crying and cake.



Here's Lyle's latest painting. He's just going back to bed now.




Here's Isla with her new hair and clothes. I think she's so cute!



You seem to have a visitor Lyle...



Marina also turned out to be the cutest thing ever.




Bao, please try not to scar your children for life.



Too late.



Here are the girls in their cribs.



Bao still hasn't really gotten much rest, so hopefully the girls will be fine long enough for him to sleep a bit.



Anyway, Lyle's just going to spend the rest of the night working on his painting.



And Bao's just going to get woken up by the girls a million times. 


That's all for this week then. I was completely taken off guard by Theresa dying, but I think everything will be okay. Although I wish it hadn't have happened, I think my sims will be able to deal with the loss and move on. I haven't really been keeping track of the seasons, but it's going to be Summer and a whole new year in the next part, so that's something to look forward to. 

CONCLUSION

I hope you enjoyed this part, and happy Halloween! As usual, sorry for any mistakes throughout the post and I'll be posting again in a few days. I hope that there will be no more crazy deaths in the next part, but you never know. Sorry to anyone who liked Theresa by the way, and you're welcome to anyone who hated her guts I guess. Bye!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment